A review of 2011/12 …………..
Wadhurst JFC has had another successful season with all teams full to capacity and for the first time, waiting lists on most of the mini teams. The Club again registered all teams in the Crowborough League, with one team in the Sussex Sunday league, and has had a very healthy u5/u6s group with almost 30 players.
The huge amount of work and fundraising undertaken for the ‘new pitch’ was rewarded by the pitch being ready for play at the beginning of November by the U13 and u14 teams and to the great admiration of many visiting teams! Maintenance work has continued on the pitch, and will continue to be undertaken; including the club’s seven other pitches, to ensure they are in top condition for the start of next season.
The u10s, u11s and u13s experienced a third successful Club Tour to Selsey, West Sussex, although very wet and cold this time. Congratulations to the U10s who won the Sportsmanship Award for the second year running.
Two Football courses were held during the Easter break and the Euro 2012 course in June, with record numbers for both courses.
The Club currently has 21 qualified coaches, with two parents taking their Level 1 this season, three parents having attended a Referees Course and thank you to those parents who have come forward to assist with their team. The Club is constantly looking for new coaches/managers, so if you are interested in this rewarding role, please contact us!
On the field, achievements this season included:
- The U16s team winning the League Cup Final and finishing 2nd in the A Division, having won 18 of their 20 matches with goals scored totalling 74!
- The U14s finishing mid-table in the B Division and receiving the 3rd highest League Sportsmanship Award in their division
- The U13s finishing mid-table in the Crowborough A Division and reaching the quarter finals of both the League Cup and the Uckfield Tournament
- The U12s finishing mid-table in the A Division, reaching the plate semi-finals at Ridgeway, semi-finals at Broad Oak and achieving 2nd position in their division for the League Sportsmanship Award
- The U11s were the Crowborough A Division Winners and League Cup Winners, third place in the C Division, 3rd in the Sussex Sunday league, Crowborough, Ringmer, Ridgewaye & Pembury Tournament Winners and Runners up at Rusthall & Ridgewaye (both teams made the final), Plate Winners at Jarvis Brook & Lewes Bridge View.
- The U10s being awarded the League Sportsmanship Award for both their groups, Wolves/Wanderers unbeaten all season and achieving the Sportsmanship Award at the Club Tour for the second year running
- The U9s performing well in the league with great attitude, enthusiam and sportsmanship. In their first year of tournaments, knockout rounds were reached, including the finals at Pembury.
- The U8s performing well in the league and tournaments with great commitment and team spirit.
- The U7s have had a successful season and were comfortably the best team at the Ringmer tournament, being undefeated and only conceding 1 goal across all their games (dodgy penalty!)
HOWEVER, none of the above would have been possible without the commitment and time from the registrations secretary, coaches, squaddies, pitch maintenance and committee. Not forgetting our Saturday helpers – Chris, Mike, Ross, Jonnny, Harry, and Lisa and Jack, our sponsors and those who have come forward to help in any other way - so a big thank you to